Grovia Terms of Service
Last Modified: 11.23.21
Welcome to Grovia! These Terms of Service (“Terms” or “Agreement”) are entered into by and between you and Grovia Inc. (“Company,” “we,” or “us“). These Terms, together with any Order Forms or other documents they expressly incorporate by reference, govern your access to and use of www.grovia.io, including any content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.grovia.io (the “Website“) and the Grovia software-as-a-service offered by Company (the “Services”).
GROVIA WEBSITE ACCESS AND USE
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Changes to the Terms
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter.
Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Access and Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as expressly permitted by us. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of the Terms and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Website Terms, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, licensors, and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, any use of the Website’s content, services, and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Website Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Washington, in each case located in the City of Seattle and County of King. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
This website is operated by Grovia Inc. 1752 NW Market St #4396, Seattle, WA 98107
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.
GROVIA SOFTWARE SERVICES
By signing any Order Form (or comparable agreement) that references the Agreement or by clicking to acknowledge your acceptance of the Agreement when that option is made available to you, you (through your authorized representative) and we agree, for good and valuable consideration, to be bound by and to comply with this Agreement.
- “Authorized User” means your employees, consultants, contractors, and agents (i) who are authorized by you to access and use the Services under the rights granted to you pursuant to the Agreement and (ii) for whom access to the Services has been purchased hereunder.
- “Customer Data” means, other than Resultant Data, information, data, and other content, in any form or medium, that is submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of you or an Authorized User through the Services.
- “Documentation” means our user manuals, handbooks, and guides relating to the Services provided by us to you either electronically or in hard copy form.
- “Order Form” means a form signed by you and by us setting out the Services you have purchased.
- “Partner Data” means data and information about Partners submitted, posted, or otherwise transmitted by or on behalf of you or an Authorized User through the Services.
- “Partners” means third parties that our Services are designed to help our customers connect with, including affiliates, publishers, influencers, content creators, advertisers, brands, and merchants.
- “Provider IP” means the Services, the Documentation, and any and all intellectual property provided to you or any Authorized User in connection with the foregoing. For the avoidance of doubt, Provider IP includes Resultant Data and any information, data, or other content derived from Provider’s monitoring of Customer’s access to or use of the Services including Partner Data, but does not include Customer Data.
- “Resultant Data” means data and information, including Partner Data, related to Customer’s use of the Services, including, without limitation, statistical information regarding such use and information relating to the performance and operation of the Services during such use.
- “Third-Party Products” means any third-party products provided with or incorporated into the Services.
- Access and Use.
- Access. Subject to and conditioned on your payment of Fees and compliance with the Agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except in compliance with Section 12(h)) right to access and use the Services during the Term, solely for use by Authorized Users in accordance with the terms and conditions herein. Such use is limited to your internal use.
- Documentation License. Subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Agreement, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable (except in compliance with Section 12(h)) license to use the Documentation during the Term solely for your internal business purposes in connection with your use of the Services.
- Use Restrictions. You shall not use the Services for any purposes beyond the scope of the access granted in the Agreement. You shall not at any time, directly or indirectly, and shall not permit any Authorized Users to: (i) copy, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or Documentation, in whole or in part; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, or otherwise make available the Services or Documentation; (iii) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the Services, in whole or in part; (iv) remove any proprietary notices from the Services or Documentation; or (v) use the Services or Documentation in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law.
- Reservation of Rights. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in the Agreement. Except for the limited rights and licenses expressly granted under the Agreement, nothing in the Agreement grants, by implication, waiver, estoppel, or otherwise, to you or any third party any intellectual property rights or other right, title, or interest in or to the Provider IP.
- Suspension. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, we may temporarily suspend your and any Authorized User’s access to any portion or all of the Services if: (i) we reasonably determine that (A) there is a threat or attack on any of the Provider IP; (B) your or any Authorized User’s use of the Provider IP disrupts or poses a security risk to the Provider IP or to any other customer or vendor of ours; (C) you, or any Authorized User, is using the Provider IP for fraudulent or illegal activities; (D) subject to applicable law, you have ceased to continue your business in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of its assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or similar proceeding; or (E) our provision of the Services to you or any Authorized User is prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of ours has suspended or terminated our access to or use of any third-party services or products required to enable you to access the Services; or (iii) in accordance with Section 5(a) (any such suspension described in subclause (i), (ii), or (iii), a “Service Suspension”). We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide written notice of any Service Suspension to you and to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Services following any Service Suspension. We shall use commercially reasonable efforts to resume providing access to the Services as soon as reasonably possible after the event giving rise to the Service Suspension is cured. We will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits), or any other consequences that you or any Authorized User may incur as a result of a Service Suspension.
- Resultant Data. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, we may monitor your use of the Services and collect and compile Resultant Data. As between us and you, all right, title, and interest in Resultant Data, and all intellectual property rights therein, belong to and are retained solely by us. You acknowledge that we may compile Resultant Data based on Customer Data input into the Services. You agree that we may (i) make Resultant Data publicly available in compliance with applicable law, and (ii) use Resultant Data to the extent and in the manner permitted under applicable law, including to improve and enhance the Services and for other development, diagnostic, and corrective purposes with the Services and other Company offerings; provided that such Resultant Data do not identify you or your Confidential Information.
- Changes. We reserve the right to make any changes to the Services and Provider IP that we deem necessary or useful in our sole discretion.
- Your Responsibilities.
- General. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Documentation resulting from access provided by you, directly or indirectly, whether such access or use is permitted by or in violation of the Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are responsible for all acts and omissions of Authorized Users, and any act or omission by an Authorized User that would constitute a breach of the Agreement if taken by you will be deemed a breach of the Agreement by you. You shall use reasonable efforts to make all Authorized Users aware of the Agreement provisions as applicable to such Authorized User’s use of the Services, and shall cause Authorized Users to comply with such provisions.
- Third-Party Products. We may from time to time make Third-Party Products available to you. For purposes of the Agreement, such Third-Party Products are subject to their own terms and conditions. If you do not agree to abide by the applicable terms for any such Third-Party Products, then you should not install or use such Third-Party Products.
- Service Levels. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we shall use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available.
- Fees and Payment.
- Fees. You shall pay the fees (“Fees“) as set forth in any applicable Order Form. If you fail to make any payment when due, without limiting our other rights and remedies we may suspend your and your Authorized Users’ access to any portion or all of the Services until such amounts are paid in full.
- Taxes. All Fees and other amounts payable by you under the Agreement are exclusive of taxes and similar assessments. You are responsible for all sales, use, and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties, and charges of any kind imposed by any federal, state, or local governmental or regulatory authority on any amounts payable by you hereunder, other than any taxes imposed on our income.
- Confidential Information. From time to time during the Term, either party may disclose or make available to the other party information about its business affairs, products, confidential intellectual property, trade secrets, third-party confidential information, and other sensitive or proprietary information, whether orally or in written, electronic, or other form or media and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as “confidential” (collectively, “Confidential Information“). Confidential Information does not include information that, at the time of disclosure is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to the receiving party at the time of disclosure; (c) rightfully obtained by the receiving party on a non-confidential basis from a third party; or (d) independently developed by the receiving party. The receiving party shall not disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to any person or entity, except to the receiving party’s employees who have a need to know the Confidential Information for the receiving party to exercise its rights or perform its obligations hereunder. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party may disclose Confidential Information to the limited extent required (i) in order to comply with the order of a court or other governmental body, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable law, provided that the party making the disclosure pursuant to the order shall first have given written notice to the other party and made a reasonable effort to obtain a protective order; or (ii) to establish a party’s rights under this Agreement, including to make required court filings.
- Intellectual Property Ownership; Feedback.
- Provider IP. You acknowledge that, as between you and us, we own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Provider IP and, with respect to Third-Party Products, the applicable third-party providers own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Third-Party Products.
- Customer Data. We acknowledge that, as between us and you, you own all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Customer Data. You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, and otherwise use and display the Customer Data and perform all acts with respect to the Customer Data as may be necessary for us to provide the Services to you, and a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, modify, and otherwise use and display Customer Data incorporated within the Resultant Data.
- Feedback. If you or any of your employees or contractors sends or transmits any communications or materials to us by mail, email, telephone, or otherwise, suggesting or recommending changes to the Provider IP, including without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (“Feedback“), we are free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the parties governing such Feedback. You hereby assign to us on your behalf, and on behalf of your employees, contractors and/or agents, all right, title, and interest in, and we are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although we are not required to use any Feedback.
- Warranty Disclaimer.
- THE PROVIDER IP IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND THAT THE PROVIDER IP, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR RESULTS OF THE USE THEREOF, WILL MEET YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S REQUIREMENTS, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULT, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY SOFTWARE, SYSTEM, OR OTHER SERVICES, OR BE SECURE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, FREE OF HARMFUL CODE, OR ERROR FREE.
- Company Indemnification.
- We shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless you from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (“Losses“) incurred by you resulting from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (“Third-Party Claim“) that the Services, or any use of the Services in accordance with the Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s US intellectual property rights, provided that you promptly notify us in writing of the claim, cooperate with us, and allow us sole authority to control the defense and settlement of such claim.
- If such a claim is made or appears possible, you agree to permit us, at our sole discretion, to (A) modify or replace the Services, or component or part thereof, to make it non-infringing, or (B) obtain the right for you to continue use. If we determine that neither alternative is reasonably available, we may terminate the Agreement, in its entirety or with respect to the affected component or part, effective immediately on written notice to you.
- This Section 9(a) will not apply to the extent that the alleged infringement arises from: (A) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by us or authorized by us in writing; (B) modifications to the Services not made by us; (C) Customer Data; or (D) Third-Party Products.
- Customer Indemnification. You shall indemnify, hold harmless, and, at our option, defend us from and against any Losses resulting from any Third-Party Claim that the Customer Data, or any use of the Customer Data in accordance with the Agreement, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights and any Third-Party Claims based on your or any Authorized User’s (i) negligence or willful misconduct; (ii) use of the Services in a manner not authorized by the Agreement; (iii) use of the Services in combination with data, software, hardware, equipment, or technology not provided by us or authorized by us in writing; or (iv) modifications to the Services not made by us, provided that you may not settle any Third-Party Claim against us unless we consent to such settlement, and further provided that we will have the right, at our option, to defend ourself against any such Third-Party Claim or to participate in the defense thereof by counsel of our own choice.
- Sole Remedy. THIS 9 SETS FORTH YOUR SOLE REMEDIES AND COMPANY’S SOLE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION FOR ANY ACTUAL, THREATENED, OR ALLEGED CLAIMS THAT THE SERVICES INFRINGE, MISAPPROPRIATE, OR OTHERWISE VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Company Indemnification.
- Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE, FOR ANY: (a) CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, ENHANCED, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; (b) INCREASED COSTS, DIMINUTION IN VALUE OR LOST BUSINESS, PRODUCTION, REVENUES, OR PROFITS; (c) LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; (d) USE, INABILITY TO USE, LOSS, INTERRUPTION, DELAY, OR RECOVERY OF ANY DATA, OR BREACH OF DATA OR SYSTEM SECURITY; OR (e) COST OF REPLACEMENT GOODS OR SERVICES, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE OTHERWISE FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, AND OTHERWISE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID TO COMPANY UNDER THE AGREEMENT IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
- Term and Termination.
- The “Term” of the Agreement for the Services shall be the duration of the then in effect Initial Term or Renewal Term(s) of the applicable Order Form(s). For the avoidance of doubt, the Term will commence on the Effective Date set forth in the initial Order Form and will continue until the Order Form(s) are terminated in accordance with Section 11(b) of the Agreement, or all Order Forms have expired.
- The “Initial Term” of each Order Form will commence on the Effective Date set forth on such Order Form and will continue for the subscription period set forth in such Order Form. Unless otherwise set forth in the Order Form, each Order Form will automatically renew after the Initial Term for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Term (each, a “Renewal Term”), unless either party gives prior written notice of its intent not to renew such Order Form no less than thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then-current term.
- Termination. In addition to any other express termination right set forth in this Agreement:
- We may terminate the Agreement with respect to the Services, effective on written notice to you, if you: (A) fail to pay any amount when due hereunder, and such failure continues more than 10 days after Provider’s delivery of written notice thereof; or (B) breach any of your obligations under Section 2(c) or 6;
- either party may terminate this Agreement, effective on written notice to the other party, if the other party breaches this Agreement, and such breach: (A) is incapable of cure; or (B) being capable of cure, remains uncured 30 days after the non-breaching party provides the breaching party with written notice of such breach; or
- either party may terminate this Agreement, effective immediately upon written notice to the other party, if the other party: (A) becomes insolvent or is generally unable to pay, or fails to pay, its debts as they become due; (B) files or has filed against it, a petition for voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy or otherwise becomes subject, voluntarily or involuntarily, to any proceeding under any domestic or foreign bankruptcy or insolvency law; (C) makes or seeks to make a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or (D) applies for or has appointed a receiver, trustee, custodian, or similar agent appointed by order of any court of competent jurisdiction to take charge of or sell any material portion of its property or business.
- Effect of Expiration or Termination. Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately discontinue use of the Provider IP and, without limiting your obligations under 6, you shall delete, destroy, or return all copies of the Provider IP and certify in writing to us that the Provider IP has been deleted or destroyed. No expiration or termination will affect your obligation to pay all Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination or entitle you to any refund.
- Survival. This Section 11(d) and 1, 5, 6, 7, 8(b), 9, 10, and 12 survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement. No other provisions of this Agreement survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other documents incorporated herein by reference and all related Exhibit, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, and representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. In the event of any inconsistency between the statements made in the body of this Agreement, the related Exhibits, and any other documents incorporated herein by reference, the following order of precedence governs: (i) first, this Agreement, excluding its Exhibits; (ii) second, the Exhibits to this Agreement as of the Effective Date; and (iii) third, any other documents incorporated herein by reference.
- Public Announcements. Neither party shall use the other party’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, or other indicia of source, association, or sponsorship, in each case, without the prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, provided, however, that we may, without your consent, include your name and other indicia in our lists of our current or former customers in promotional and marketing materials.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice“) must be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the first page of this Agreement (or to such other address that may be designated by the party giving Notice from time to time in accordance with this Section). All Notices must be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile or email (with confirmation of transmission), or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage pre-paid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only: (i) upon receipt by the receiving party; and (ii) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
- Amendment and Modification; Waiver. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof will be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, (i) no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any rights, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement will operate or be construed as a waiver thereof, and (ii) no single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder will preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the parties shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect their original intent as closely as possible in a mutually acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby be consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
- Governing Law; Submission to Jurisdiction. The Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Washington. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or related to the Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder will be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Washington in each case located in the city of Seattle and County of King, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
- Assignment. You may not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations hereunder, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of us, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld, conditioned, or delayed. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section will be null and void. No assignment or delegation will relieve the assigning or delegating party of any of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Export Regulation. You shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations, and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), that prohibit or restrict the export or re-export of the Services or any Customer Data outside the US.
- Equitable Relief. Each party acknowledges and agrees that a breach or threatened breach by such party of any of its obligations under 6 or, in the case of you, Section 2(c), would cause the other party irreparable harm for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and agrees that, in the event of such breach or threatened breach, the other party will be entitled to equitable relief, including a restraining order, an injunction, specific performance, and any other relief that may be available from any court, without any requirement to post a bond or other security, or to prove actual damages or that monetary damages are not an adequate remedy. Such remedies are not exclusive and are in addition to all other remedies that may be available at law, in equity, or otherwise.